Thursday, July 22, 2010

Theorizing Activism

My experiences in this virtual feminist classroom have had an impact on me because I never knew that these types of problems still exist today. It has really made me see how our society still looks down on women just because of who they are. I envision a just future by hopefully, one day; all women will be treated fairly in and outside of the workforce. We can possibly get there by speaking out more. People need to be more aware of what is going on in our society and why it does not have to be. My “feminist priority” is to get women treated fairly in the workforce because I believe this is one of the most important issues we still deal with today. To me, integrity means having good morals and sticking with them. I also believe that in order to have integrity you must be honest. Integrity affects my work for justice because, although you want to be honest and stick to your morals, sometimes you have to go above and beyond to get justice done. If I were to advise a student about the value of taking a Women’s Studies class I would say it is a great way of truthfully learning what you “thought” you already knew. The class leaves you very open-minded and more conscious of your surroundings. I know that when I walk into a health care system, I will be more aware of what is going on around me. Yes, I believe that feminist education in itself can be a form of activism because you are taking an action or involvement to achieve a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment